Shiitake Mushroom: Basic Details
After the white button mushroom, shiitake is the most popular culinary mushroom in the world. The mushroom’s meaty flavor can complement almost any dish and, as it turns out, the mushroom that delights so many with its distinctive flavor is also a medicinal mushroom.
• Name: Latin name, Lentinula edodes: lent means “supple,” inus means “resembling,” and edodes means “edible.” Shiitake comes from the Japanese word for a variety of chestnut trees, shita, and the word for mushroom, take. Sometimes called the “Forest Mushroom” and the “Black Forest Mushroom.” In China, known as Shaingugu (or Shiang-ku), which means “fragrant mushroom.” The name may derive from the Shii tree, Japanese for “oak”; the name shiitake would therefore mean “oak mushroom.”
• Description: Cap is dark brown at first and grows lighter with age; spores are white and the edges of the gills are serrated.
• Habitat: Shiitake grows on dead or dying hardwood trees (chestnut, beech, oak, Japanese alder, mulberry, and others), during the winter and spring. Native to Japan, China, the Korean peninsula, and other areas of East Asia.
• Active ingredients: 1-3 beta-glucans; polysaccharide KS-2; glycoproteins (LEM, LAP); eritadenine; iron, niacin, vitamins B1 and B2.
• Uses: Major anti-cancer agent in Japan (Lentinan®); anti-viral (HBV, HIV); anti-bacterial (strep throat; fights caries); protects the liver; lowers cholesterol; helps control high blood pressure.
MycoNutra® is a top mushroom supplements supplier company all over India and international level.
Mushroom consultants in India.
Top mushroom company.
For more info - https://www.biobritte.co.in/collections/all
Contact on a phone or WhatsApp 9923806933 or 7709709816.
Biobritte Agro Solutions Private Limited.
MycoNutra® Mushroom product distributorship.
Tags - Shiitake Mushroom : Basic Details , Top mushroom company, Mushroom supplier , Biobritte mushroom center, Mushroom company in Karnataka,What type of mushroom is shiitake?,Where does shiitake mushroom come from?,How do you identify a shiitake mushroom?,shiitake mushroom benefits,shiitake meaning,shiitake mushroom recipes,shiitake mushroom price,shiitake mushroom soup,shiitake mushroom scientific name,shiitake mushroom supplement,shiitake mushroom side effects,