About the product
Common Name: sheathed woodtuft
- Kuehneromyces mutabilis (synonym: Pholiota mutabilis), commonly known as the sheathed woodtuft, is an edible mushroom that grows in clumps on tree stumps or other dead wood.
- A few other species have been described in the genus Kuehneromyces, but K. mutabilis is by far the most common and best known.
- The clustered shiny convex caps are 6–8 cm in diameter. They are very hygrophanous; in a damp state they are shiny and greasy with a deep orange-brown colour towards the rim; often there is a disc of lighter (less sodden) flesh in the middle. In a dry state they are cinnamon-coloured.
- The gills are initially light and later cinnamon brown, and are sometimes somewhat decurrent (running down the stem).
- The stipe is 8–10 cm long by about 0.5–1 cm in diameter with a ring which separates the bare, smooth light cinnamon upper part from the darker brown shaggily scaly lower part. This type of stem is sometimes described as "booted".
- This species always grows on wood, generally on stumps of broad-leaved trees (especially beech, birch and alder), and rarely on conifers.
Scientific Name: Kuehneromyces mutabilis, Pholiota mutabilis
How to use this product: Culinary mushrooms
Specifications: Mushrooms, mushroom spawn, mushroom seeds
To order please contact
Local and International Inquiries to:
- Phone: +91-923806933
- Whatsapp: +91-9923806933
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tags: Kuehneromyces mutabilis Mushrooms, Pholiota mutabilis mushrooms, sheathed woodtuft mushrooms, Kuehneromyces mutabilis mushroom spawn, grey mushrooms, buy online mushroom spawn, biobritte store, biobritte mushroom company, buy mushroom seeds online, mushroom supplier, mushroom spawn supplier, Kuehneromyces mutabilis mushroom benefits, grey oyster mushroom farm, mushroom farm, maharashtra, Pure culture, Mother culture, Mother spawn, sawdust spawn, mushroom events, mushroom conference, mushroom powder, fresh mushrooms, dry mushrooms